News & Updates

Law Commission floats Consultation Paper on Family Law Reform

This consultation on family law reforms in India, discusses a range of provisions within all family laws, secular or personal, and suggests a number of changes to in the form of potential amendments and fresh enactments. As general suggestions to ref

Full Story


More News


Dowry Prohibition Legislations in India

The act of demanding Dowry is extremely predominant and regular in Indian family units. It is a practice that has turned into a curse for the Indian c

Full Article

Triple Talaq should try to abandon

INTRODUCTION On 22nd August, 2017 a five-judge bench of the Supreme Court in a split verdict ruled that the practice of instant triple talaq i

Full Article

Tax evasion petition is the weapon of choice for the husband against abuse of dowry laws

If you are harassed by undue allegations by wife/in-laws of exorbitant ‘dowry’ or ‘gifts’ paid…do not worry. File a

Full Article

More Articles

Experts Exchange

Privileges as senior citizen etc.

Posted by V.N.K. MENON

I am a senior citizen of about 70 years and have been falsely made as one of the respondents (R-3) in a d/v case. The purpose is to harass me and get easy money by Opposite Party.

As far the D/V case is concerned, the d/v case is clearly time-barred as per S-468 CrPC and as per case laws/precedents. So also there are proofs like Police Control Room Report that the complainant lady was kept under captivity by her parents and indoctrinated to launch lucrative -d/v business-. As such I filed a case in the High Court for quashing by the high court the d/v case (pending in the family court). Factually, adjournment-after-adjournment are given. As defined in S-37 Specific Relief Act, I was 'enjoined from the assertion of my right' and peaceful life and I am deliberately being harassed by calling to the court now and then to extract money at this age. I hope I have delivered the goods for the purpose of queries:

[With regard to privilege for senior citizens]
Will I be able to approach Supreme Court, DIRECTLY INSTEAD OF DIVISION BENCH, by way of SLP against an order of the single judge of the high court which adjourned the said d/v case for a date after 6 months from now.

Incidentally, in yet another civil (employment) matter, BEING A SENIOR CITIZEN, I was successful in getting a direction from the Apex Court asking the High Court to dispose of the said matter within 3 months. Can I apply the same route here.

With regard to lower court matter
Usually courts grant injunction NOT beyond 6 months of the lower courts. Whether further injunction is granted on the expiry of the initial 6 months which I do not know.

Hope experts will be kind enough to give their considered guidance to enable me to decide the next course of action.

Justification for posting as anonymous: Because there is a possibility that the Opp.Party may see the source of query.

Thank you in anticipation.

Read Expert Opinion

More Experts Queries

Updated on : 20/09/2018 17:40:07


  LAWyersclubindia Menu