In view of the multiple technical glitches that plagued CLAT 2018, it had been decided by the CLAT Consortium that CLAT 2019 will be conducted offline.
Also In view of the upcoming Lok Sabha Elections, the Common law Admission Test (CLAT) 2019 has been postponed to May 26 from 3 pm to 5 pm.
It has also decided to change the last date for submission of applications from March 31 to April 15.
Following are the updated tentatives dates:
- Beginning of application process - January 13, 2019
- Last date for submitting online form - April 15, 2019
- Admit cards to be available - April/May, 2019
- Offline exam date - May 26, 2019, from 3 pm to 5 pm
- Declaration of results - June, 2019
Here's a list of the participating NLUs this year:
- National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore
- National Academy of Legal Study and Research University of Law (NALSAR), Hyderabad
- The National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS),
- Kolkata National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur
- Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU), Lucknow
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab
- Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi
- National Law University, Odisha (NLUO)
- National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi
- NLU and Judicial Academy, Assam
- Damodaram Sanjivyya National Law University (DSNLU), Vishakhapatnam
- Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Mumbai
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Nagpur
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Aurangabad
- Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU), Shimla
- Dharamshastra National Law University (MPDNLU), Jabalpur
In addition to these colleges, 17 private law colleges have signed an MoU with the Consortium to use CLAT scores for admission.