LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ketan (Finance Consultant)     15 May 2024

High court mediation center (samadhaan)

I have file a mediation request in mediation, but I have received only an email. Does Delhi HIgh court mediation center only sends notice on email or also by registered post ?

Learning

6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 May 2024

What is written in email?

Are you concerned about the action taken by mediation centre or you are worried about the modes of communication alone?

If you have given a request for the mediation, you may better understand the contents of the email and proceed accordingly

Ketan (Finance Consultant)     15 May 2024

I am only concerned about the mode of communication. I want to ensure that a hard copy is also sent to the other party instead of just email as the emails may have been changed. So does HC mediation center's usual practice is to send a hard copy by physical post as well and if not shall I hire a lawyer to send a copy of this to respective parties through registered post ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 May 2024

You can better clarify the issue by visiting the High court mediation centre in person and clarify the procedures adopted by them in this regard.

There's no uniform law in this regard across the country.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     16 May 2024

It can be communciated by either of the modes, i.e., e-mail or hard copy.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 May 2024

The Delhi High Court in Tata Sons Ltd & Ors. Vs. John Doe(s) & Ors., allowed the Plaintiff to serve the summons on one of the Defendant through WhatsApp, text message & email, and to file affidavit of service.

Rohini Civil Court in Delhi accepted the blue double-tick sign in a WhatsApp message as valid proof that a case related notice had been seen by the message's recipients. The Karkardooma Metropolitan Court at Delhi allowed a woman to serve summons to his husband in Australia through WhatsApp.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     19 May 2024

In Writ Petition No 611 / 2020 Mr. H Shashidhara Shetty, Registrar Supreme Court has declined to accept service of summons through WhasApp.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register