Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lakshmid (n/a)     17 January 2008

land property attorney

hello,

my father purchased land long back and registered in the name of his mother..now my father is bedridden(on bed patient).he cant speak and sign and move..we dont have contacts with his mother.. the property documents are missing..we have the photostat(xerox) copies with us..

1.is it possible to get the property on my mother name or on my name?
2.what is the process for it?

Learning

3 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     17 January 2008

The purchase of the property in the name of your grand mother is hit by Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Act, 1988. I am not aware as to whether your grandmother is denying your father's right over the property.

It is not clear from your query about your grandmother's whereabouts. Normaly, all children of a Hindu female are her legal heirs, if she dies without leaving a Will. If your father is her only child of your grandmother, then on her demise, you father will inherit the property. Hence you need to know about your grand mother and her stand over the property to give a correct picture.

[img]chrome://piclens/content/launch.png[/img]

kirankumaradv (n/a)     17 January 2008

Unless the entire facts are brought in, proper advice cannot be given. You better consult a local lawyer with all relevant documents. In case, your grand mother's whereabouts are not known fo more than 7 years, you can file a suit to declare her as dead and thereafter you are automatically entitled to the sahre in teh property

lakshmid (n/a)     24 January 2008

my grandmother is alive.. staying with my dad's brother.. she is not aware of that property..  my father have one elder brother(expired long back), two younger brothers and one younger sister..

grand mother will not sign in the property as the property value is too high.. she may pass away soon as she is 80+. 

pls advice me now

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register