Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abhijit majumder (practicing company secretary)     13 May 2024

Clarification under motor vehicles act

To

The respected Senior Experts.

Sir,

My relative reside in west Bengal. He run  a grocery shop. For that shop he  occasionally bought and carried stocks  by using his own personal car(Maruti , Alto  model).

Recently some one told him that he cannot use his personal car to carry stocks  (from wholesaler's  premises to his shop), because it violate provision under Motor Vehicles Act as well as W B  Motor Vehicle Rule.

As my knowledge  concern I cannot remember such restriction  on the use of personal car for own business(to carry stocks).

Please enlighten me on this issue.

Regards

Abhijit

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 May 2024

You don't have to listen to unnecessary rumors in this regard. 

If you still have a doubt,  just walk in to nearby RTO office and clarify the details in person and comply with the requirements if any. 

Mr. Sumitra kumar (Advocate)     13 May 2024

He runs a grocery shop and using the vehicle of personal puropose and not for commercial purpose i.e. B2B. To my knowledge there is no such restriction in law. If it were a B2B business, then the question of violation should occur.

Thank you.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 May 2024

Yes, there is no such legal provision preventing a person from his own vehicle for his personal purpose. 

abhijit majumder (practicing company secretary)     14 May 2024

Thanks to all senior eminent  experts for providing immediate reply which enlighten me suficently I inform  my relative to stop worring on this matter.

Regards

Abhijit

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 May 2024

Yoiu are welcome for your understanding.

You can inform your relative accordingly to continue his business peacefully without giving any importance to the rumour mongers messages.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register