LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sitharthan (teacher)     29 April 2024

My sister who obtained the job on compassionate grounds after my father’s death

My sister who obtained the job on compassionate grounds after my father’s death at 1982 , was not taking care of my mother . Then (FROM 2016) as per court advice she started giving Rs.1500 /Per month to my mother  .

My sister who got job on compassionate grounds , is going to retire in the month of may2024 . Is there any rights (to my mother ) to claim her retirement benefits ? to give to my mother for her future maintenance.

Any judgement relevant to the above may  kindly be send to my email :sithu2000@gmail.com  & my Contact :8610three20685

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 April 2024

The retirement benefits that your sister would be getting is her own hard earned money.

Shd was appointed on the comnpassionate grounds is an admitted fact but that will not deprive her rights to her own earnings to which she toiled all her life.

No court can deny her rights nor would pass an order directing her to give a share out of terminal benefits to her mother or anyone because she has earned it through her full length of service. 

Don't waste your time on such non maintainable issues. 

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 April 2024

Yes, the Mother cannot claim any benefits from the Retirement benefits.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 May 2024

the compassionate job is givenon the udnertaking of maintaining family of the deceased.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register