Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shruti   13 May 2024

Fraud by survey officer in measuring land?

Hi,

There is some agricultural land that on record shows is 6acres in my name. Neighboring agricultural land belongs to a lawyer and on record shows 4.5 acres. But when I measure area using mobile app, his land comes at 5 acre and mine at 5.5 acres. I asked survey officer from revenue court to show me my land boundaries and he did not tell me any different boundaries that are already there. But I have a feeling that neighbor, being a lawyer, occupied 0.5 acre of my land and bribed survey officer to give me false boundaries information. What should I do?

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 May 2024

First of all obtain the survey report from the government surveyor,  compare it with government land revenue records to that of the registered title document held in your possession.

If you find that your neighbor has illegally encroached your property,  you may file a suit for declaration to declare the title in your name and for recovery of possession of the encroached property and also a permanent injunction restraining him from interfering with your possession of the property in future 

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 May 2024

You can file a suit for fixation of boundaries and eviction of encraochment, as alleged.

Mr. Sumitra kumar (Advocate)     13 May 2024

I agree with the opinion given by the expert members.

Thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register