Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Mysore (no)     07 May 2024

What we can do when our property is in others name

Hi All,

My father in law buy a property I mean agriculture land 20 years ago.
Even my father in law doing agriculture in this from 20 years and also they invested money for pump set and pipe line works. But now my father in law got information after survey this property belongs to neighbor and neighbor property belongs to my father in law. Neighbor don't know this information, only my father in law got information about this issue.

so please suggest me on this how we can get this land only in our name because my father in law invested lot of money for borewell and pipeline works. but neighbor don't have any borewell and pipelines in that land.

please someone advise me on this what is the procedure to get back this land legally.

Thanks in advance

Learning

12 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 May 2024

Your father in law should talk to the neighbor and arrivre at an amicable solution by executing a registered exchange deed to exchange each other's property to one another's name.

If he is not agreeing to the terms then a negotiation through elders of the village can  be arranged, if this step also fails then he can approach court of law for remedy.

@T.Kalaiselvan Thank you so much for your advise Sir

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     07 May 2024

Yes.  You consult your neighbour in an amicable settlement.  Youand your neighbour shall execute an exchange deed and get it registered.

@Satyanarayana Sir, thanks for your advise.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 May 2024

You are welcome Mr. Kumar for your appreciations.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     08 May 2024

Very well analysed, opined and advised by experts, I agree.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     08 May 2024

Get executed  a registered exchange deed of lands belong to you and your neighbor, this is best option for both of you else you have to file suit for declaration and injunction.

Kumar Mysore (no)     08 May 2024

@Vashista, @Bhartesh Thanks Sir for your advise

Shashi Dhara   12 May 2024

Dont throw stone to bee hive which will sting you if he dont know keep quiet, we cannot guess human beings nature, you have developed it and invested lot of money, dont disclose it, if he knows it from other source watch what his reaction, go to court and file declaratory suit, who was in possession when your father in law purchased, go and mortgage it to bank.

Kumar Mysore (no)     12 May 2024

@Shashi dhara thanks for your suggestions

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     13 May 2024

Your father-in-law is in adverse possession of the land for 20 years and the neighbour never disputed your father-in-law's possession. Your father-in-law can claim full ownership under the law of limitation.

Kumar Mysore (no)     14 May 2024

@Dr.MPS Ramani thank you for your suggestions

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register