LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddu   17 May 2024

Obc ncl validity for jee iit admissions

Sir, I am from Karnataka and prepared OBC NCL certificate as part of application process to JEE Main/Advance. It is dated November 2023. Now my daughter is qualified for advance and for attending counselling JEE is asking for latest OBC NCL cert issued after 01-04-24.
When I went to apply for new/renewed OBC NCL certficate the Thahashildar and the Online sevasindhu system is rejecting saying that student already have valid document and can be issued only after Nov 24. 
Karnataka Govt not issuning new cert (though have all the necessary documents with updated ITR) and JEE not accepting as it is before 01-04-24. Please help what to do? Thanks a lot

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 May 2024

At this stage you cannot do anything about it.

The certificate for OBC NCL  issued by the comptetent authority is valid for one year from its date of issue  hence the demand for fresh certificate within that one year period of validity is not judtified, if the authorties do not consider then you may approach high court with a writ petition seeking direction to accept the certificate for the reasons you rely upon.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register