LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vincent vincent   03 July 2023

Pending document

Respected lawyers need your advice I vincent bought a property in the year 1997 (till date I own the possession of the property only in 2014 Mr. Venkatesan is claiming the property) from Mr Annamalai procuring all manual encumbrance certificate from the year 1966 to 1997 till the date i bought the property before registration in which there was no name of Mr. Venkatesan is mention in manual encumbrance certificate. In 2014 this person Mr. Venkatesan is claiming the property saying that his mother in law ( has given power to Mr. Venkatesan in 2014) has bought the property from Mr Annamalai in the year 1983 but that was a pending document.Mr. Annamalai immediately registering the same Property to Mr. Venkatesan while the document is still a pending document. Mr. Annamalai cleared the pending document during the year 1989 claiming the ownership of the property and in the same year he gives the power to Mr. Pazhani an agent to sale the property from whom I bought the property in 1997 . While in the manual encumbrance certificate which I got clearly shows that in 1983 the document is pending and in 1989 only the Mr. Annamalai becomes the rightful owner of the property by clearing the pending document in 1989. Can a property be registered to another person while it is still pending in registar. Now I don't know what should I do 

Learning

6 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     03 July 2023

You stated that the pending document was cleared in 1989. In the last lines still it is pending.  Is it really pending since 1983? It is hardly believe that a document is pending for 50 years.

vincent vincent   03 July 2023

No sir the pending document was cleared in 1989 but before clearing the pending document he has sold the land to another person is it legal

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     03 July 2023

No. He could not sell the proprty as the document was in pending at that time.

vincent vincent   04 July 2023

Yes sir but with the help of the registar he has done the deal 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     04 July 2023

File a case in court to cancel that document.

1 Like

vincent vincent   04 July 2023

If possible may I know the sections under our law as reference because the other person has been complaining against me with the district registar I have to give a reply to the district registar. If I could know the sections I can reply him with the references of code or act to ask the registar to consider in his reply so that it would be useful for me to file a case in court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register