Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suneel kumar (ASE)     18 September 2013

Wrong billing by tata docomo

Dear LCI,

I am new to your forum and I feel glad to see the way you have managed and utilized this forum. 

Here, is my case for your precious opinions:

Tata Docomo has charged me for data usage of 1.5 GB where as my phone record(we all know, that now a days, all smart phones come with data counter which counts the data sent or received to and from network) my data usage is 770 MB. I have confirmed in written from mobile company(samsung) that data counter counts the data (with error of less than 5 %) sent and received in my mobile.

But the Tata Docomo is saying that the bill is correct and giving the logic that I might have used the sim with some other mobile also. So, I demanded any proof of usage of two mobiles like IMEI number log, etc.

They say they don't maintain any log for IMEI numbers of the device(mobiles) used with their company's issued sim cards.

Don't you think that they are legally bound to maintain the IMEI numbers of the device with which their sim cards are used?

I used to plan my data usage seeing my phone record as there is no facility from their side to know your data usage before bill generation.

shall I go to consumer forum? the amount of bill is 6000 INR.

thanks

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 September 2013

Mr Suneel Kumar,

If you have strong evidence to prove that you have used only to the extent of the data as stated by you, if service provider is not inclined to listen to you, first issue a legal notice with a copy addressed to the company's top brass/head office, incase there is no proper response to your notice also, you may drag them to a consumer forum seeking compensation and damages, etc. 

1 Like

suneel kumar (ASE)     19 September 2013

thanks Kalaiselvan Sir..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register