Nikos Consulting(FMCG Client)
I have current requirement of Legal Manager in Blore, Experience required is around 5 – 8 years in a corporate environment. Candidates with FMCG business experience would be preferred.
Knowledge of the following is a must:
1. Civil law – including recoveries
2. Criminal law – FIRs, recovery including under 138NI Act
3. Food Law – Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, labeling requirements, registrations, licenses and defending prosecutions
4. Commercial and residential leases – agreements, registrations and stamp duty compliances
5. Agreements – celebrity contracts, contracts with media agencies, retail chains, manufacturing agreements, dealer appointments, royalty agreements etc.
Knowledge in following is OPTIONAL:
6. IP – Registration process – Trademark, Works under Copyright Act, Industrial Designs, Patents -
7. IP – Litigation – oppositions and civil cases, raids on infringers
8. Drugs and Cosmetics Law – labeling requirements, BIS, licenses
9. MIS, tracking of cases, up-dations and presentation on status to senior management
10. Making cases for opinion, briefing senior counsels
11. General court procedures
10 to 15 lacs
Candidate should be able to work in close tandem with business managers and should have sharp understanding of business needs. He should be able to see and think ahead reasonably well and help formulate business strategies keeping an eye on competition and changing business environment. Candidate has to keep himself updated on amendments in law and guide business on impact and way forward. Candidate should be able to deal independently with government authorities and present company’s view & safeguard its interest in industry body meetings. Some exposure of lobbying with Government/making representations on policy matters is desirable.
04 October 2011
Seeking a Job? Looking to Hire?