LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aryan Sharma   26 December 2018

Women employee posted away from home

I work in a government organization. Last year, top Adm transferred all employees.l was transferred to a place 65 km away from my home.After a few months some of the female/male employees were transferred back to their choice place of posting on their own request.I submitted an application for transfer,but was again transferred 130 km away from my home. It is becoming difficult for me to continue my job as I cannot take care of my mom, family and home due to the long travel to office.I have already availed 2 months sick leave and cannot proceed on further leave.Isn't there any law against transferring women employees to a certain distance away from home or should I resign and discontinue service.

Learning

4 Replies

Martin S.   26 December 2018

Originally posted by : Aryan Sharma
I work in a government organization. Last year, top Adm transferred all employees.l was transferred to a place 65 km away from my home.After a few months some of the female/male employees were transferred back to their choice place of posting on their own request.I submitted an application for transfer,but was again transferred 130 km away from my home. It is becoming difficult for me to continue my job as I cannot take care of my mom, family and home due to the long travel to office.I have already availed 2 months sick leave and cannot proceed on further leave.Isn't there any law against transferring women employees to a certain distance away from home or should I resign and discontinue service.

Chief Minister of the state can help. You may contact his PA.

If you dont get help, continuing with loss of pay leaves is the only option to stay in job.

If that is not possible.  Leave job and find some other job beside your spouse.

That means there is no law against women employees transferred away from home?I have heard even IAS officers are considered some preference in this matter.

That means there is no law against women employees transferred away from home?I have heard even IAS officers are considered some preference in this matter.

Shashi Dhara   26 December 2018

U shift to working place along with Ur family if Ur job is fruitful. And wealthiy

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register