Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi (Others)     17 May 2015

Unregistered sale deed

Hi,

My father has signed in a sale agreement of the land at 2002 in which it is mentioned that the buyer has to register the document within 2 years. But the buyer didn't register the agreement within the contract period. Now we planned to return back the amount with interest instead of giving the land to the buyer. Wanted to know whether the unregistered document is still valid so the buyer can claim it.

Learning

2 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     17 May 2015

1) What does the Sales Agreement say in case it is not followed by a registered sales deed within the period of two years ? Whay have you waited so long ?

2) If the Sales Agreement is silent on this aspect, you can void it while the Buyer could dispute it by trying to bring evidences to the contrary.

3) In any case, the sales deed since not registered shuld not result in transfer of property. The Buyer could have recourse to other alternative remedies in the  meanwhile depending upon the exact Agreement terms and events subsequent.

DISCLAIMER : General information and advice provided is without any warranties as to suitability for any use, correctness and application to any specific case. Please always take proper legal counsel . However, if it helped anyone even a little a " thanks" via the "Thanks Contributor Button " would be appreciated and would encourage me to keep on making efforts :-) . I am also always open to corrections and further learnings from more experienced Seniors here. Some more elaborations on my comments here may also be found at https://lawforall.in

saravanan s (legal advisor)     17 May 2015

sale agreement need not be registered .if the condition regarding the sale is mentioned in the sale agreement look into it as to what is to be done if the sale is not done within two years

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register