LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jakkireddysureshreddy (Education)     12 July 2013

The status of the registered gift deed

My grandfather had registered an agricultural land of 0.50 Acres to me, when i was 10 years old through a registered gift deed without any guardian, in the year 1999.Now is this registered gift deed valid or invalid.Suggest me.

Now my grandfather had died .Now my age is 26 Years.I approached the Village Revenue Officer and Tahasildar with the document and asked them to issue me the Pattadar passbooks but they said that, they cannot issue me the Pattadar passbooks because , the document was registered to me directly without any guardian, and hence the document is invalid and therefore they cannot issue the pattadar pass books. What to do now? Kindly advice me and guide me in this regard.

Learning

1 Replies

M Ram Pavan Kumar (CA)     14 July 2013

The gift made by the donor needs to be accepted by the donee. If donee is a minor the same may be accepted by his father / mother on behalf of their minor child. As per Supreme Court judgement, acceptance of gift by minor itself is valid. The acceptance can during the lifetime of the donee. Hence, the VRO cannot deny your right. Claiming pattadar passbook means you are accepting the gift.

There are several legal remidies for you. Pl consult a legal counsel.

Also go through https://www.hindu.com/2003/12/23/stories/2003122305541200.htm

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register