Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narasimha (Analytics Associate)     05 October 2010

Registering only UDS for a semi independent duplex house

Hi all,

I recently visited a site in Chennai. the developer built 4 semi independent duplex houses in a specific plot (4000 sft). I am interesting in buying 1 of the 4 houses. But the developer said that only the UDS will be registered, and he will provide a sale aggrement for building cost. I am not sure if this is fully legal or not. Usually if there is a independent house and only the plot is registered I understand. If there is a apartment complex, I am assuming that the developer will register not just the UDS but will clearly specific the flat no and details. I am not sure about this but I am assuming that it is the typical process. In this special its neither a full apartment complex or a fully independent houes. I do not understand if the developer is trying to cheat me or he is genuinely speaking.

Can someone tell me whether this kind of registration, only registering UDS and not the house, even if its a semi independent duplex house, is often done and does not have a fundamental flaw?

I really appreciate if someone can send a quick response. I already negotiated the price and have to make this final quick decision.

Thanks

Narasimha

Learning

2 Replies

vitha (INDIAN)     19 October 2010

Hi even I am facing same problem....I don't know what to do....Legal opinion is given as , i can take the UDS option on land and I cannot go for Sub division. Any updates from your end please share me

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     22 October 2010

Un Devided Share of land is registered but when construction ready of duplex and authority give a Building use permmission u registered a construction agreement in sub-registrar office otherwise u noterise this agreement..  My advise is first u see/check all documents of the said property thenafter u purchase this property. Mainally u check a plan pass copy and non agriculture order copy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register