Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A. Prakash (Circle Manager)     23 November 2017

Regarding signing of affidavit on behalf of company

Dear Sir,

I am governement emplyee and posted in Bangalore . Before my joining Bangalore office one employee was terminated and he has filled case.

Now my head office also having legel dept. ,which is in other state has given authority letter to sign affiadaivit and to submit the same to Bangalore High court (where head office has hired advocate ).

Now I am worried that once I sign affidavit i have to be present every time in court and other related matteres.

1)My quarry may i refuse to sign affidavit  .( Even it has been approved by CMD)

2) If in any condition I have to sign affidavit then what precautions I may take.

Kindly advise.

Regards,

A. Prakash

Learning

3 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     23 November 2017

If you go on worry for anything and everything, then you cannot be in employment of anybody.

Filing affidavit in the Court, once authorised by your employer, is a normal routine.  Just because you filed the affidavit as you happen to be working in Bangalore presently, does not mean that each time you have to come to Bangalore to file any other affidavit, or when the case is coming up, even when you get posted outside Bangalore.  In that case, any new person who comes in your place at Bangalore Office will do the needful.

Therefore, go ahead and sign the affidavit as authorised by your Office.

A. Prakash (Circle Manager)     23 November 2017

Thanks a Lot sir for reply.

MAHENDRA WALA   04 March 2018

Ensure that the Seniors have proper authoritisation to grant powers to you. You need not attend the Court on each date. The Advocate will attend the same unless you are called for.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register