LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arvind Srivastava   01 April 2020

recognition status of B.Ed degree from kashmir university in government jobs

My friend has a degree of B. Ed from one of the recognised college from university of kashmir. She is applying for central government and state government teacher jobs. As I was applying for the jobs, suddenly I noticed that in the qualification section of all circular, exam authority mentioned - degree from NCTE recognised Institute. When I dig deeper, I found university of kashmir does not come under the purview of NCTE. but it comes under NAAC of UGC.
Point is, we are confused whether my friend will be eligible for getting any government teacher jobs in Central or state government. Also, what is status of degree from university of kashmir in other parts of the country. kindly give high court order or supreme Court order regarding this, as I have searched alot but didn't get.

Learning

4 Replies

raghvendra pratap   01 April 2020

HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD

Court No.35

Special Appeal No.(1323) of 2009
Smt. Sadhana Singh Vs. State of U.P. & Ors. read the judgment..

last para of the judgment is relevant for you....

16. We may add caveat here that only those candidates having degrees from State of Jammu and Kashmir will be considered qualified, who have obtained these degrees from the universities recognized by the University Grants Commission.

Arvind Srivastava   01 April 2020

thanks alot sir
1 Like

for more information you can send me your e mail id by probonoaid@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register