Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sridhara Ramanan (Team Lead Cognizant Technology Solutions)     28 September 2010

Will a Practitioner’s Book help me pursuing LLB?

My brother was an advocate and he is no more with us, however my dad who is an advocate's cleark is in desperate need for an advocate to complete the cases(300+ cases) and also to boost up my family's NAME, i decided to help my dad and joined LLB (karnataka uni). my bro has a huge collection of law books almost a room full of books and books keep comin via mail. im not sure whether all those books will help me pursuing LLB or do i have go with the prescribed books recommended by the university. please advise.

Learning

7 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     28 September 2010

I feel you have to seggregate those books which are there now with you according to the subjects you have to study. If all the topics are covered which are there in your syllabus, it should suffice. There is no need for you to buy prescribed books. More than everything else, if your brother was a lawyer himself, he should be having a good collection too.

Sridhara Ramanan (Team Lead Cognizant Technology Solutions)     28 September 2010

Wow...never expected a quick and prompt response mam.....esp this time...

will do as per your advice. thanx

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     28 September 2010

I agree with Suchitra, but I feel it is better to go thru., the books recommended by the ujniversity.  Your borther's books collection will be helpful to you at the time of practice.

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     28 September 2010

one more thing I will add, even though you may not need those professional books during your academics, but continue with the subscripttion...ultimately these books are going to help you, even during your LLB, you will automatically start reading these books.

its an opportunity for you, conserve your library.

best of luck

leena (student)     03 May 2011

law profession needs a lot of study. just do as suchitra ma'am said. for rest u can send a blog at this site many experience holders and experst are there to help u.

Tarun Dhingra (Advocate)     07 May 2011

I WOULD RECOMEND U TO STUDY  PRESCRIBED BOOKS  BY UNIVERSITY . OTHERWISE IF HAVE COLLECTION AND WHAT I THINK THESE WOULD B ADVANCE BOOK AND IF U HAVE LOT OF TIME TO SPEND TO SEARCH THE REQUIRED MATERIAL FOR THE PAPER THEN U MAY GO AHEAD WITH THOSE ADVANCE BOOKS . BUT LASTLY I WOPULD RECOMEND U TO STUDY PRESCRIBED BOOKS BY THE UNIVERSITY ..

AND ALSO ONE THING TRY TO READ CASES OR MORE EMPHASIS  SHOULD B GIVEN  ON PRACTICAL. .. 

GOOD LUCK 

gaurav (student)     26 May 2011

Being a student myself i would suggest you go through the prescribed syllabus given by the university first, then check out  the books available with you.

Look out for students edition.

The collection of books which you are having will be handy for you in the near future.

Regards 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register