Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hina (none)     22 March 2012

Family court and district court?

Kinly help,

please tell me what is a family court? and what is the difference between a family court n a district court?

I have to file  a divorce...i am a ghaziabad resident...where shud i file it?

My marriage was registered in a Delhi arya samaj mandir...can i file it in the Delhi court under whose jurisdiction that arya samaj mandir comes or is it necessary to have a delhi address too ? Because i would wish to file it in a Delhi court if possible. Please help.

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)

Hina je

Family court established only for solved the family related matters.

District court is - District Magistrate Court.

Woman can file a suit from there where she living OR where marriage done OR where husband wife last reside.

So you can file suit from Dehli.

As per your details- your marriage done in Arya Samaj mandir- Its seems your marriage is love based. So whats the reason- why you desire to divorse.

Try to sattel your life with help of mediation or disscussion.

If needs further legal help- freely ask.

1 Like

(Guest)

Hina je

My advice - First try to solve your problem out side court.

Kabhi Kabhi jaldbaji mai uthayai kadam galat rah per le jaatay hain.

RK Prajapati

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     22 March 2012

Family Court is established by the state government under Section 3 of the Family Courts act of 1984. A judge of the Family Court  is appointed with the Consultation of the High Court and one or more persons may be appointed to be the Judge or Judges of the Family Court, and is distinct from the District court. Find out if family Court has been established in Ghaziabadornot, as Family Court is established in an area having more than one million population, if not you have to approach Family court in Delhi.

Legal Fighter (Advocate)     22 March 2012

you can file it in delhi court under whose jurisdiction your marriage was registered in delhi.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     22 March 2012

You can file case in Delhi.  In Delhi for some areas, family courts are there in some areas, the Additional District Judge will decide the cases.  The area of your case will be decided on the basis of the residential address you give in your petition.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 March 2012

I disagree. You cannot file divorce in Delhi if you are not resident of Delhi or last resided in Delhi.

Your case is to be filed before family court, if established in the state/district, otherwise District Court. 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     23 March 2012

If marriage was solemnized in Delhi, the Delhi court would acquire jurisdiction.

Also in Tis Hazari Court there is no family court, ADJ decides these matters.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     24 March 2012

district court/ or family ct, of your area of residence at the time ofd filing divorce petition is your jurisdiction. 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     24 March 2012

i differ

where the marriage was solemnized

where parties last resided together

where the respondent is staying

are the courts which would have jurisdiction.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register