LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Radhey (Owner)     08 January 2012

Why tip, while we pay bills???

Why to give a tip, when we are paying bills, I used to amaze?

Now I use to amaze, why not tip these under privileged people like Waiters/ Chowkidaars/ Parking attendentants/ Delivery boys/ Courier men/Gatekeepers/ Office boys/ Maids/ Safai Karamcharis without whom our lives will be hell.

Afterall they are workers, underpaid workers, not Professional BEGGARS.

Participate please...

Learning

4 Replies

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     09 January 2012

It improves service, They look after our car, provide parking, sometime cleans it too, for a tener. 

But there are 1000 who pay them a day at good hotels, may earn 5k to 10k per day, 3L p m , and they have to sahre it wth who post them there, 

They ar not underpaid, They pay their Employer too. 

check it if i err. 

1 Like

Radhey (Owner)     11 January 2012

Mr. Shroff, I am not talking about those 5 Star Hotels type of Waiters or Parking Attendents (there we shed money, just to shed, we alreday go with a mind set that we are going in 5 star/or some similar place and we won't mind tipping etc.)

Leave them  and just see you will find so many people about whom I am talking worthy to be tipped.

However it is upto you to decide whom to tip or not..?

But tip where-ever you find a worthy one, that was the idea of the post.

Hope clearer...

S Krishna Singh (na)     11 January 2012

Hi Radhey,

Your opinion makes sense, However tipping is a custom for many.  

It is a generally accepted behaviour that is considered civilized.

Some may say it projects kindness that is to make the person serving you happy.

There are many instances all over the world where the person tipping may be economically poorer but still leaves a tip for a service. 

If you notice it is not compulsory to tip in India, but many individuals prefer to leave a tip whether the service provided was good or bad, It is taken as a customary duty to leave a tip.

People may tip for various reasons but ultimately the choice is yours. 

Radhey (Owner)     11 January 2012

Mr Suajan as you said --People may tip for various reasons but ultimately the choice is yours. 

Of Course, it is just a custom but why not find some reasonable reasoning in this Custom--that was the purpose of the Post, I gave my reasoning, you yours, welcome...

By-the way--I menat by tipping to all people like Safaiwala, Mochi, Rickshawwala, Puncturewala, Hawa bharne wala etc.. etc..

Sir.........

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register