LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashant (MANAGAR-ACCOUNTS)     16 October 2010

wheather PF to be deducted on transport payment

Dear All, we are taking service from outside transporters for supplying our goods to customers premisesagainst of that we are paying transport charges to the party. Are we  responsible for deductionof PF of the transporters. as i have following points for discussion

1) Transportere can be are owner as well as employees who is providing the services.

2) He is doing our service for a stipulated time only and not on regular basis.

3) And is this service is attracting PF .

Kindly post your view on that

Regards,

Prashant Gomashe

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

PF can't be touched. I presume by PF you mean Provident Fund? If you touch that then your road goes to jail.

Pushpa Rawat (n/a)     22 October 2010

Hi,

As per your query, I am assuming that you are asking the transport co to supply ur co goods at the clients end. Hence you are making payment for the transpoting charges.

It is the duty of the owner of tranporte co to contribute the employers part and deduct emplopyees contribution and deposit to PF authorities if PF is applicable to his company. Its is applicable only if the employees are more than 10 or 20 whichever is the case in case of use of power or non power.

Hence request you not to deduct the PF from the transport charges.

Regards,

Pushpa

Pratheep Kumar (Asst. Manager - HR)     23 October 2010

Mr. Prashant

1. The service provider is the principle employer in the case of transporter
  2. Even though they are providing on regular basis it is not comes under the scope of the organization
  3. No, providing transportation outside the premises is not attracting EPF.

Regards

Pratheep Kumar. R

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register