LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S S K Sadhu (BCA)     14 May 2011

what were the minimum facilities to work

I am an central govt employee(class III permanent) in Dept of Posts. DOP introduced a new concept of Speed post HUB where all the inward and outward Speed mail within one region to one single concentration centre(EX: Hyderabad region HUB covers 4 districts by name Nizamabad,Mahaboobnagar,Medak,Nalgonda) which was a blunt thing to implement because if one speed post article booked for Nalgonda in Nalgonga itself will come to Hyderabad Hub and then again goes to Nalgonda for despatch.

We were given a large room provided with 2 servers, 7 systems, 9 fans and 11 tube lights. The room measurements aproximately are 60x25x30. There is no proper ventilation, airflow and some fans were not working at all. we failed to get these repairs done as the administration is not willing to help at all.

My question 

"IS THERE ARE ANY LAWS MADE FOR PROVIDING THE WORKING STAFF NECESSARY COMFORTS TO GET THE JOB DONE" iF THERE WERE PLEASE GIVE SOME INFO.

THANKING YOU LCI MEMBERS 

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

You have given measurement of room, but not the number of staff. Some standards are there for the accommodation and amenies and facilities that are provided depending upon the No. of staff. To know about details you may go through Postal Manual Volume-II issued by your own department.

S S K Sadhu (BCA)     20 July 2011

sir,

You are right. There are 3 sets in Set1 5 persons, Set2 7 persons and set3 11 persons. I saw the postal manual 2 i got clarified. In our office accommodation, environment(fans, alternatives when humidity is high, proper ventilation& air flow) were not there. Even there is no water supply to the set. I requested the administration to provide minimum isuues but in vain. i want to complain to human rights/labour commission who ever is right to call. I need your support in this.  Than you sir for answering after so long time atleast. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register