Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

phiyoni@adv (Legal Executive )     02 September 2008

What is Watan Lands

Dear All

Can anyone give me information as to what is watan land? when this tenure is abolished? what are rights of the person holding watan land?

Learning

8 Replies

shashank manjrekar (Legal Consultant)     02 September 2008

• "Watan" means an 'inam'(gift from a ruler to a subject) for service but generally used in wider sense to denote any alienation in or land with or without service

• During British/pre-british period certain lands were given to particular persons for the seriveces rendered by them to the Government or to the community or to both,these lands are called "watan lands"

• There were various types of Watans viz Pargana, Kulkarni, Bhil,Naik, Bara Balutedar inams, mahar watan, Jagalia, gurav, Devaasthan Watans etc

•  In Maharashtra many of the watans were abolished during 1950-60  except

• Collectors were given power to decide certain questions like a) whether any land is watan land? whether any person is watandar? whether any peson is an unauthorised holder?

• Watandars are entitled to compensation  for abolition of all his rights in the watan; in certain cases they are also entitled for regrant.

2 Like

phiyoni@adv (Legal Executive )     05 September 2008

Thanks a lot.

Ashmit mehta   03 February 2017

Hi. Is it possible to sell watan land.

SANJAY AGRAWAL (managing director)     26 April 2017

kindly let me know any related article or web link or books for all types of maharashtra watan inam land transfer process etc

Omi   16 October 2017

Hello, Sanjay. If you have found any book or update on watan land transfer process then please also let me know the book name and/or the GR. I am specifically looking for patil watan land transfer details and how much does it cost the owner. Do contact me on 9130052182

Sanjay   05 February 2018

Dear Sir / ma'am,

Our land in Pune is supposed to be Kulkarni / Deshmukh Watan,  But, the Bhogwatdar vargh is 1. as on the 7/12.   

What i have been informed is that Bhogwatdar Vargh / Number 1 cannot be a Watan Land ?  Please help how do i verify the above.

Thanking you.

Sanjay   05 February 2018

Dear Sir / ma'am,

Our land in Pune is supposed to be Kulkarni / Deshmukh Watan,  But, the Bhogwatdar vargh is 1. as on the 7/12.   

What i have been informed is that Bhogwatdar Vargh / Number 1 cannot be a Watan Land ?  Please help how do i verify the above.

Thanking you.

M V Gupta (Advocate)     10 March 2021

BEST WAY IS TO CHECK WITH THE COLLECTOR'S OFFICE AT PUNE. OR SEE THE POSITION IN THE MAHARASHTRA REVENUE CODE AND NOTIFICATIONS ISSUED BY THE GOVT UNDER THAT ACT. AS THESE ARE OFF WAY LEGISLATIONS / RULES ONE NEED TO GET THE LATEST INFORMATION FROM THE COLLECTOR'S OFFICE.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register