Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinod Joshi (Partner)     08 January 2012

What are the laws that i need to follow for a week end guest

Dear friends,

Recently I have bought a house in a Hill station area where there are a lot of visiters on week ends. Since I will not be using this house myself all the time, someone has suggested that I should rent it out to week end crowd & make some money.

I am not sure what laws or registrations I need to follow in order to give the place on rent for short durations of 2-3 days. Also what are the risks in volved in such renting out. Can someon please guide me?

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

1. CONSULT TO A NEAREST LAWYER. ADVOCATE WILL LET YOU KNOW ABOUT LAWS RELATING TO RENT ETC

2. ARRANGE A RECEPTIONIST FOR RENT-COLLECTION AND 1 PERSON FOR CLEANING AND MAINTAINENCE PURPOSE.

mahendrakumar (marketing)     09 January 2012

you must be very careful in renting out as now a days,lot of antisocial elements too take shelter.

you should have the records of occupants like their identity and address,passport details in case of foreigners.

unless you can manage all these,it is better to rent out to some professionals in these field.

sanjay kumar (BE/ LLM in Corporate Laws)     09 January 2012

Generally, such type of rent-out is done off the record only to save hassles on registrations, inspections, local taxes etc. The very first point to  be considered is the earning potential of the premises. Thereafter all the other issues come up.  Its a tricky business and may sometimes get nasty because of anti-social activities of the guests like drinking, gambling, brawls etc.

Vakeel Civil Court (Director)     09 January 2012

If the income potential is good, treat it as a business and get all registrations with tourism depts, local authorities, police dept etc... Engage staff to complete formalities like registration etc and maintenance.

This kind of facility is common in europe mainly swiss where many houses have additional rooms which are maintained well and facilities like breakfast is also provided. Prices when compared to hotels are reasonable.

niranjan (civil practice)     10 January 2012

You cannot change your residential house in a guest house.You will have to obtain licence from govt.authority,municipality and police.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register