LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ab (fda)     23 August 2011

Want to change my last name

Hi... I am an undergraduate student. In my 10th and 12th class certificates my name is written as ravi kumar. But I want my name as ravi<my surname>.I don't want kumar as my last name as its not my surname.
I asked registrar of my clg (is deemed university) about this. He told me if I can submit an affidavit regarding the change and cutting of newspaper ad then he'll change it .And changes will be reflected in the grade sheets and degree also. A proof will also be given to me regarding the change.
I want to know will it be fine. I don't have any other ID like passport or DL etc. SO after this change can I apply for the passport with my name as ravi<surname> instead of ravi kumar.
Or should I change my last name in my 10th and 12th certificates also.
Or any other process?

Learning

3 Replies

rajguptacs (professional)     23 August 2011

In addition to advertisement in newspapers, you may also publish in the Official Gazzete of the State in which you reside, for all your future requirement.  These is no need for change in Class X and XII mark sheet/certificate.

Rajesh Gupta

ab (fda)     23 August 2011

Is it really necessary to publish in official gazzete. Is proof of university not sufficient. Can't I apply for passport with this proof. And if I get my passport with new name then I think there will not be any problem in future since my university is an approved deemed university by ugc.

?????

thanking you

RENISH RAO (ADVOCATE)     25 August 2011

I agree with the adivce of Mr. Raj Gupta CS. This State Govt. notification would help you to prove the link between your old name and new name. Always keep and attached the copy of such notification in all your submissions in future like passport, Visa etc.

Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register