Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tarannum sayyed (housewife)     28 May 2012

Want divorce and child custody

Dear Brother and sister

I Tarannum living in mumbra(Maharashtra) , belong to muslim family. i married illigaly in 1999 when i was around 14 years of age with a devorce man thrise my age( around 40 years) at that time i was in school and unable to understand what is marrage. my husband very bad moral charecterand always use bad language to me and kids after marrage I always remain very shy and scared from him. He punished me, harashed  me, physical and mental tourcher without any region. He never give me right to take care of my child and estrictly forced me to do what he said to me and always try to keep children away from me by forcely and when I understand how should be life?, I were become a mother of 3 children now when I tryied to raise my voice he blackmail me and advised me follow what I said otherwise I will kill all of you. Now water is overhead and want to seprate with my child custody right. my children Tuba(11.6 years girl), zaid(10 years boy) and Afra(4.5 years girl) respectively.

Please brother and sister help me what should be do, I belong to poor family so help me if any woman right organization or any walfare organization will help to get me out from this situation.

Your sister tarannum

Learning

5 Replies

Deepak Nair (lawyer)     28 May 2012

It is better to take help from an NGO working for women and lodge a police complaint against your husband. it woud be difficult for you to take any action alone. So get support of an NGO.

Dear brother deepak.

thanx for giving me valuable information.

I not allowed to go anywhere, currently I m at father home so i can using net with help of my childhood friend,

Please let me know if u know any NGO.

and please clear my confusion that I have right to custody my child becouse I want my children only.

Please help brother.

Dear brother deepak.

thanx for giving me valuable information.

I not allowed to go anywhere, currently I m at father home so i can using net with help of my childhood friend,

Please let me know if u know any NGO.

and please clear my confusion that I have right to custody my child becouse I want my children only.

Please help brother.

Ranee....... (NA)     28 May 2012

I think if you visit the local social welfare office then they can make you meet the  protecion officer appointed under Domestic violence Act 2005, who will guide you further.Lodge a police complaint as adviced.

1 Like

MSR (Manager)     06 June 2012

Dear Tarranum,

You can get the custody of your children as well as divorce and maintenance also.  

You will have to go through the legal process and you will need the help of either your elders or some NGO.  DO NOT be afraid, share your problems with any senior/elder person close to you whom you trust. You could go to the police also, but think carefully before you take any steps.  Aap ko pataa honaa chaahiye aapkay kissee bhee step kaa aapkay shauhar kyaa reaction denge.  So be smart and till you have everything in place, do not disclose your intentions to him.

Please ask your friend through whom u are using the internet to find a woman's organization near your home.  Use the internet to search for this information.  They will help you with the process.  But be prepared that once your husband comes to know that you have contacted someone, he may react violently.  Hence, before you take any step, ensure that you have some shelter for your children and yourself.  Also, ensure that you have some money before you take any step. 

Under the law, you are entitled to stay in your own home where you are currently staying.  The judge can order your husband to leave the house if he is violent.  But, although this is the law, I know that practically you may be scared to take any step.  So contact your elders/NGO and they will guide you.

Please continue contacting members here who can provide you moral support and there will be lawyers here on this forum who will be willing to provide you some guidance and support too.

Inshallah, you will come out of this slowly.  Be patient and have faith.  The truth will always prevail.

God bless you and keep you safe.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register