LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

authentic (junior worker)     03 August 2011

Unintenionally told.

I had posted once in this forum that i talked intimately wit a gal on phone for over 2-3months.But i never met her,then stopped talkin wit her.We spoke bout physical intimacy and also did phone s*x.Durin talking i told her that i would rape her,but it was completely unintentional,i told just at that moment.now i m  apprehensive that it will create any kinda a pronlem.Please tell if it will be a problem.i ve not met that gal at all and we ve not spoken since 1 month  or so.

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Rajkumarlaxman (Advocacy)     03 August 2011

Its an apprehension . See mere apprehension cannot commit you under Rape. Please read sec 375 of IPC Rape it explains

1[375. Rape.—A man is said to commit “rape” who, except in the case hereinafter excepted, has s*xual intercourse with a woman under circumstances falling under any of the six following de­scripttions:—

First.— Against her will.

BUT YOUR PHONE TALK CAN TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE IF SHE COMPLAINTS AGAINST YOU AND THAT IF RECORDING EXISTS AND IN THAT SHE HAS NOT SUPPORTED YOU FOR YOUR STATEMENTS RUN. .... IF SHE HAS SUPPORTED FOR THE SAME THEN SHE WILL NOT  MOVE TO LEGAL RECOURSE AS THE SAME WILL BE AAGAINST HER. Donot worry.

Secondly.—Without her consent.

Thirdly.— With her consent, when her consent has been obtained by putting her or any person in whom she is interested in fear of death or of hurt.

Fourthly.—With her consent, when the man knows that he is not her husband, and that her consent is given because she believes that he is another man to whom she is or believes herself to be law­fully married.

Fifthly.— With her consent, when, at the time of giving such consent, by reason of unsoundness of mind or intoxication or the administration by him personally or through another of any stupe­fying or unwholesome substance, she is unable to understand the nature and consequences of that to which she gives consent.

Sixthly.— With or without her consent, when she is under sixteen years of age.

Explanation

Penetration is sufficient to constitute the s*xual intercourse necessary to the offence of rape.

Exception.—Sexual intercourse by a man with his own wife, the wife not being under fifteen years of age, is not rape.]

STATE AMENDMENT

Manipur

(a) in clause sixthly, for the word “sixteen” substitute the word “fourteen”; and

(b) in the Exception, for the word “fifteen” substitute the word “thirteen”.

[Vide Act 30 of 1950, sec. 3 (w.e.f. 16-4-1950) (made earlier than Act 43 of 1983)].

COMMENTS

Absence of injury on male organ of accused

Where a prosecutrix is a minor girl suffering from pain due to ruptured hymen and bleeding v**gina depicts same, minor contradictions in her statements they are not of much value, also absence of any injury on male organ of accused is no valid ground for innocence of accused, conviction under section 375 I.P.C. proper; Mohd. Zuber Noor Mohammed Changwadia v. State of Gujarat, 1999 Cr LJ 3419 (Guj).

Penetration

Mere absence of spermatozoa cannot cast a doubt on the correct­ness of the prosecution case; Prithi Chand v. State of Himachal Pradesh, (1989) Cr LJ 841: AIR 1989 SC 702.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register