Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

V GOPALA KRISHNA (RETIRED PERSON.)     28 April 2012

Under what law bangaru lakshman is being punished?

i appreciate, if any learned person clarifies on the prosecution of Mr.Bangaru Lakshman, ex-president of BJP in the fake episode (string operation) of accepting a bribe of one lakh rupees. I want to know Whether string operations have got any sanction under law , if so under what law and what circumstances. 

I still miss to understand how a fake episode can be taken as a real one and punishment can be awarded? For his part, the acused had already undergone a punishment of losing his position as President of a national party and also the ignominy in the society, of having accepted a bribe (eventhough it is fake) subsequent to the episode which had already tarnished his image in public life. More than this, how it attracts punishment under Law?. I stil fail to understand and feel that the punishment is against natural justice.
V.GOPALA KRISHNA, HYDERABAD.

Learning

3 Replies

Deepak Nair (lawyer)     28 April 2012

It is a political gimmic. Political rivalry is the reason behind.

The sting operation is conducted by a publication which always writes in favour of one particular party and against the rivals of that party. That publication never ventures to expose the party whom that support. In reality, if that magazine starts sting operation on that particular party, the courts in India will be flooded with corruption cases.

But that publication will never do that. Because they have to protect somebody's interest.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     01 May 2012

when punishment is there , there must be some penal offence.

what are the sections and what are the acts, under which punishment given?

V GOPALA KRISHNA (RETIRED PERSON.)     01 May 2012

The sections no. were given in the judgememnt.  But still I feel that the Courts are meant for looking into 'real cases' and not 'fake cases'. The Prevention of Corruption act is applicable to real cases. It may be possible, to give sanctity to a string operation, I think, it is a must that a judicial officer should be present officially during the operation.   I dont know in the present case, any Judicial officer was present officially.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register