Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sriram (Analyst)     30 September 2010

Total expenses to incur for a cheque bounce case?

I have done a bank transaction from my account to the borrower's account around 11 lacs. He has not returned the money per agreement. Hence I presented the 11 lac cheque, the borrower gave me as collateral. It bounced with reason as "Insufficient funds". I approached a local lawyer to issue a notice to him. Since the amount is huge, the lawyer told me that he will calculate and get back to me with the charges.

The lawyer charged me Rs 6500 for issuing the notice and filing the case immediately after 15 days. I wanted to know what other expenses should I incur in this case? After filing the case, even if it takes years, should I incur more expenses until court comes to the judgement? Please list me what are types of expenses can I expect more in this case.

Thanks in advance for your reply. Please provide me as much as information as possible. 

Learning

5 Replies

RAJENDRA (ADVOCATE)     01 October 2010

10 % OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT IN QUESTION IS A REASONABLE FEE FOR THE ENTIRE CASE

USUAL EXPENSES CONNECTED THEREWITH EXTRA

RNDATT

Sriram (Analyst)     05 October 2010

Thanks Rajendra Sir. So do you think RS 6500 fee I paid is reasonable one?

Tarun Thakur (advocate)     15 October 2010

just Trust ur lawyer... dont think anything adverse... fix fee with ur lawyer in advance

RAJENDRA (ADVOCATE)     14 November 2010

yes 10 %. by the way where r u based at. u should also proceed against the culprit for cheating and fraud. r n datt 09426561072

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     14 November 2010

fee is minor thing , you have to cross many hurdels before the case comes for hearing.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register