LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     12 March 2012

The wedding gift

498a The Wedding Gift - A Bollywood Mainstream Movie.

It takes guts to take a side of a Politically Incorrect Topic. But for certain group it’s a habit because they are more concerned with awareness of the truth. One such group is of Victimised Indian Husbands who did not have smooth married life.

Bollywood Movie “498a The wedding gift” is one just example of what Indian Husbands and their family go through in a Bad Marriage. Director, Producer and Writer Suhaib Ilyasi is not unknown to this problem, he got this inspiration to make a movie when he lost his Bangalore based friend Sayeed Makdum. Makdum committed suicide due to his marital problems and endless pining for his kid. His painful death confession video is uploaded on the youtube. I till date yet haven’t mustered courage to watch that video.

“498a the wedding gift” is a project that would explain how the section is misused, how innocents are roped in and easily labeled as criminals, and their future is shattered.” SIF being the prime concerned movement on this Topic. Its learnt from Facebook post that Ilyasi has appointed a SIF Soldier Amit Deshpande from Mumbai as the official spokesperson for this movie.  

Since Days of India’s Most Wanted in 2005 on Zee TV, Ilyasi has been openly talking about 498a Misuse and has never looked back to promote awareness and fight this menace. 

All battalions of SIF pan India are gearing up for promoting this movie and creating awareness among masses so that new people do not fall victim and also they do not treat a victim as a criminal. When contacted during weekly meetings Amit Deshpande shared “It’s a bollywood mainstream commercial movie.” he said “We would be jointly assisting Shohaibbhai in creating awareness about this problem through this movie.” 

With Best Wishes, I thank Shohaib Illyasi and his team for this fantastic effort and also I thank the SIF Soldiers who maintain the spirit to spread awareness about the real misuse menace of 498a, DV and attached laws under the so called tag of Women Empowerment, as these happen at the cost of getting Mothers Sisters Aunts of Husband arrested pre trial to extract Dowry from husbands in name of Alimony.

We look forward to Save Indian Family from Legal Terrorism. Satyamev Jayate.

Lights Camera and ACTION!

Credits: Jinesh

Learning

14 Replies

**Victim** (job)     12 March 2012

Can't wait to watch this movie......

dr.pawan rajyan (member and secretory)     12 March 2012

eagerly waiting for release................i pray to all advocates not to encurrage wifes to file FALSE dowary cases.thanks

2 Like

Nandha (NIL)     12 March 2012

I agree with dr. pawan... the advocates should not encourage the wives to file false dowry cases. In fact, when a false dowry case is filed, the advocate should be punished at the first instance. The advocates are the root cause in most the cases, they mislead the wives and their families for their own benefits.  Sorry for this saying this, but it refers to only those advocates who guide the wives to misuse 498a section. If advocates are like the Ld. adv of LCI, I think most of the cases can be fought on the real facts and justice can be rendered to the really affected party.

Nandha

1 Like

cm jain sir (ccc)     12 March 2012

The net results of false 498a are:

family breakup/divorce which is against our traditional value and society ,

harassment to old age parents and relatives,

life and career of children vanished,

life and future life of 498a wife is destroyed, even crores of settlement amount/alimony cant give her peace and happiness,

Husband life and career gone,

One can add further!

To whom it gives happiness, I dont know?

Thanks to Tajobsindia sir for post and thanks to Producer suhaib Illiyasi for the awaited movei. Now time has come to open the blind folded eyes of Govt.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     12 March 2012

Though I am also eagerly awaiting the movie. I hope it has a strong narrative and less of slogan mongering.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

2 Like

kumar101 (clerk)     13 March 2012

Without knowing the story, how come everybody is supporting it. Are you guys falling into a trap. Maybe, u should see it before the release.

Heartbroken (T)     14 March 2012

Thanks Tajobsindia.

The most unfortunate part is even after all these THOSE who know the USE of 498A will say these are mere MISUSEs! Yet awaiting its release.

If you don't consider it to be off the topic I would like to share with you the last words of Sayeed Makhdoom, mentioned in this post.Please beware this can be very disturbing.The link is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrGmSI-xdTk&feature

Regards,

Heartbroken

sri (ceo)     14 March 2012

ok... i am sing song...

chadtha sooraj dheere dheere...

jhoom bara bar jhoom sharabi...

cant understand go ogle search download and hear it... 498a pcha...

Aishwarya (Teacher)     04 April 2012

thnx for sharing sir..

also u can see the movie clips..just follow the link, if ur on fb....

https://www.facebook.com/498aWeddingGift....

rgds

1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     27 December 2012

"498A - The Wedding Gift" gets its first award (Best Audience Choice Award) at Delhi Film Festival. The Award Ceremony will be held today (27th. Dec. 2012) at 4 PM at Siri Fort Auditorium, Asian Games Village Complex, Gautam Nagar, New Delhi.

The Award will be presented to Suhaib by Sh. Manish Tiwari, I & B Minister and by Ms. Sharmila Tagore.

Support by gender biased 'dowry' victims and their families at the Function will be great motivator to Film Producers and Directors taking up such burning causes forward.

4 Like

Samuel (CEO)     27 December 2012

These message thru movie has to be cascaded across all Indian states.

I anticiapted many huddles to pass thru the movie to silver screen... Mainly, Censor board and women movement!. But this message for a greater cause.

If anyone intrested to bring regional language, please count me in! I majorly intrested to reproduce in Tamil( thats my regional language)...,

(Guest)
Originally posted by : D.Arun Kumar

"498A - The Wedding Gift" gets its first award (Best Audience Choice Award) at Delhi Film Festival. The Award Ceremony will be held today (27th. Dec. 2012) at 4 PM at Siri Fort Auditorium, Asian Games Village Complex, Gautam Nagar, New Delhi.

The Award will be presented to Suhaib by Sh. Manish Tiwari, I & B Minister and by Ms. Sharmila Tagore.

Support by gender biased 'dowry' victims and their families at the Function will be great motivator to Film Producers and Directors taking up such burning causes forward.

498_final stage (Professional)     09 July 2013

Has this movie released?? Does anyone have a copy of this movie or is it available on youtube???

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register