LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahendra Singh (working)     13 September 2011

Tenant/illegal possession

We have a house in delhi , the house was purchsed in the name os my relative my tau jee( father elder brother cousin) . This property was allotted by DDA in 2004 tau jee gave it on rent .

The so called husband and wife excuted the rent agreement to this effect . Later on we came to know that they are not husband and wife and after some ti e husband flew away and now the lady is living there with thier two child one 20 years old guy and other 22 years old gal . she is also not paying the rent for last 6 years and neither giving any water , electricity bills . I have the power of attorney of the said property .The rent that was fixes in 2004 as per the agreement was 2800 per month . tau jee was old and i was out of station working in banglore so could not pursue the same .

Kindly tell me what case i should file , whether i should go under delhi rent control act or eviction suite or some criminal proceedings as she has cheated us but here we also did not get her testimony justified and verification done by the tenant and the localpolice is not listening us and she is a lady of bad character.

Please also guide me as i have not yet initaited any legal proceedings shall i get the electricity disconnected permanently .she is using it illegally .

please guide

 4 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     13 September 2011

At first issue a legal notice to her for violation of terms and conditions, and for vacation.

Mahendra Singh (working)     13 September 2011


DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     13 September 2011

what you are doing since 2004 and do not blame any body about character without evidence otherwise this issue itself will stall all legal procedings.

rajguptacs (professional)     13 September 2011

The case falls under the provisions of Delhi Rent Control Act as the rent is less than Rs. 3,000/- p.m.  

Give notice and file suit under section 14(1)(e) of Delhi Control Act (Summary procedure of eviction of tenant) on bonafine requirment of the premises. You have to proof bonafine requirment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query