LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ghanshyam hemdev (director)     24 October 2011

Tds on payments of royalty by individual

Can I be advised whether an individual whoose income/turnover in the preceeding year is less than 40 lakhs is liable to pay TDS on payments to producers/rights holders for purchase of copyright for exploitation of films on TV/Video.If I am liable then under what section am I liable or if not under what section am I exempted. 

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

in your case upto Rs. 30,000, no TDS shoud be paid on payment to producers under section 194J(technical and professional service fee). but above Rs. 30,000 will attract TDS at the rate of 10%.

you have to submit form number 13 and apply to ITO in order to get the exemption.

(Guest)

Somebody's PHD this ABSTRACT might prove..just might give you a lead on India's Economic QUESTION MARK situtation or policies managed by duffers.

(Guest)

File attached[PDF FORMAT]

Attached File : 141100 220047 25 royalty tax.pdf downloaded: 192 times

ghanshyam hemdev (director)     29 October 2011

A thank you to all who posted reply to my query.But i would like to state that the law says that the person or individual who does not post a turnover or profit of over 40 lakhs need not pay the TDS.I would like to know if my reading of the law is correct.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register