Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rachana (housewife)     13 April 2011

Succession laws???

hello,

My father and mother had expired. We are three sisters. and we two elder sisters are married and the younger is unmarried and living with me. So my questions are :

1) who shall be successors in fathers property? as he had not made any wish or anything before his death. 

2) My grandmother lives with my uncle. So, is she can be successor in my fathers property? (My grandfather is also alive.)

3) And who is applicable to pension of my father? (He was govt. servant. and  My younger sister is 20 yrs old.)

Reply for the questions. I am unknown to laws of property.

Learning

2 Replies

Atul R Rumale (legal consultant)     14 April 2011

Mam,

1)     Firstly you have not mentioned the nature of property as well as how the property came to you father.

Though now you are only three daughter. The daughter who married prior to 1994 is having equal right & other have right according to Sec- 8 of Hindu Sucession Act.

2)     You grandmother acn not be a successor but she can be said to be dependant.

3)      Your unmaried daughter is entitle to receive pension. 

Now you refer to you local advocate who will guide as per prevailing laws made applicabel where your father was residing and serving.

Atul R Rumale (legal consultant)     14 April 2011

Mam,

1)     Firstly you have not mentioned the nature of property as well as how the property came to you father.

Though now you are only three daughter. The daughter who married prior to 1994 is having equal right & other have right according to Sec- 8 of Hindu Sucession Act.

2)     You grandmother acn not be a successor but she can be said to be dependant.

3)      Your unmaried daughter is entitle to receive pension. 

Now you refer to you local advocate who will guide as per prevailing laws made applicabel where your father was residing and serving.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register