LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajvinder singh (advocate)     09 October 2009

status quo

There were two brothers .both constructed their houses on the plot of land which they got as per their share.as the plots were on road side both brothers decided to construct the shops on the front portion of plots and they constructed their houses behind the shops.for the purpose of ingress nad egress both kept a common street by leaving 2 feet of land from each plot.in this way 2 feet of land was left on western side by one brother and 2 feet of land was left on eastern side .consequently rasta of about 4 feet com into existence. Both of them used rasta since 1965. Now what happened one brother who was living on western side of my client sold the plot along with his house to some one. In the sale deed there is no mentioning of street which is 30 feet long.the said purchaser again sold the land to someone.this 2nd purchaser now demolished the whole house and started saying that he is the owner of 2 feet of land which was kept for common passage and enjoyed by my client for last 40 years along with his brother. A suit for injuction was filed .status quo guaranted on the basis of lc report. Sir they preferred appeal against the status quo order. Sir please suggest me how to counter the argument that rasta has not been mentioned in the sale deed. Pls suggest other arguments also

Learning

2 Replies

Sushil Kumar Bhatia (Advocate)     09 October 2009

The common rasta 4' wide is common passage for both the houses and you are enjoying the use of rasta since last 40 years a matter of fact which can be proved by evidence if you suceed to show the use of rast since long you have invested easimentory rights over the rasta this is an  argument

rajvinder singh (advocate)     10 October 2009

sir i have not pleaded in the plaint regarding the easmentary right. i have only demended the injunction so what should be done at this stage

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register