LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kapil sharma (advocate)     15 February 2010

Stamp return

I have printed stamp of 1 Lac. Rupees for Sale Deed of Oct. 2009 but the Sale deed not executed and not registered . I want to know that am i recieve money against cancellation of stamps---------

Learning

7 Replies

Daksh (Student)     15 February 2010

Dear Kapil,

Positively you are legally entitled to get the refund of the unused non judicial stamp papers.  Make a written request stating the reason of not using the same along with the copy of the challan. 

Best Regards

Daksh

kranthi kiran (Works In Judicial Department)     15 February 2010

clarify whether the same is used i.e, whether any thing is written or typed on the stamp. If  nothing is written or typed, the refund can be claimed with in six months from the date of purchase.

victor alfred pushparaj (asst)     15 February 2010

dear  kapil

the   unused  stamp papers  can be  submitted  alongwith  with  written requisition  mentioning the  refund  of  amount  for the  unused  papers to  your  Tahsildar  or  

Revenue  Divisional  Officer  of  your  jurisdiction, they  will   scrutinise  the  application and  papers  wll  refund  the  amount.

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     17 February 2010

While confirming the procedure as explained, I would like to add that even if something is written, you can get the refund by explaining the reason. May be some allownace is there for spoilt unused stamp papers.

vasudevan

kapil sharma (advocate)     18 February 2010

thanks to all.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     20 February 2010

DO IT FAST BEFORE IT BECOMES TIME BARRED.

VIJAY K. TEOTIA (ADVOCATE)     20 February 2010

definitely you can get refund of the stamp papers however there is provision of some deduction. it does not make a difference whether the stamp papers are used or not. the application is to be moved before ADM-Finance of the concerned district.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register