Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shree. ( Advocate.)     09 January 2010

Should Indian students avoid going to Australia for studies?

With no stop to the attacks on Indian students in Australia, it is high time people here have a rethink on pursuing education in that country. Indian students are being targeted and racially abused there. Do you think its time to avoid Australia?

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

Dear Shree,

I raised this issue with the Prime Minister of Australia Mr.Kevin Rudd in June 2009. He referred my letter to Attorney- General's Department. From Assistant Secretary of Human Rights Branch I received a letter assuring saftey of Indian students in Australia. A hotline number also mentioned if any attacks on Indian students, they can call. 1300 363 079. I sent press note to all news papers but they didn't publish in their news papers. Our President, PM, External Affairs Minister have to take immediate steps for the safety of Indian students in Australia.

1 Like

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     10 January 2010

Enquiry should be set up, about causes, what led to this type of situation. Unless we get complete report, Indian students shoud avoid going to Australia.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     10 January 2010

I would like to say it is better if we analyse what is the reason for such atrocites happening to Indian students at Australia before coming to the conclusion that our students should not opt Australia for higher studies.

I have read that there is unemployment problem in Australia and there are many unemployed youths who are dissatisfied with the Indian students who enter employment soon or before they complete their studies there. There is increased humiliation among Australian youth towards Indian students and they think these students are depriving them from their right to be employed on proiority basis. These students, instead of returning to their native after their studies, try to remain there even after. Innocent Indian student may also be harmed in these situations for just being an Indian.

Please dont misunderstand me for having said this, because, I believe opinions should be formed after knowing the facts on both the sides.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     10 January 2010

I would like to add here, that indians generally dont adhere to the  mannerisms and culture of that country where they visit. They create nuisance with their rude and impolite behavior. We, in India, can do everything and anything we wish to on roads and when we are in public, like keeping high volumes on mobiles to hear songs, tease a girl sitting infront of us etc. Before naming somebody as 'racists' , let us think about our faults too.

(Guest)

Suchitra ji please take any foriegn nation in the world they are worst than Indians. Eager for every thing like a enimal. Did ever seen any person in India drinking a beer or Whisky in the train? Did you ever seen any person who is eating Mack Donalds in any of the public carrier in India.

But these uncultured foriegners are having these habbits in there own country.

When some one is disturbing you in the public carrier you can request them please can you reduce your volume please. 

Enjoying music with MP5 does not mean that those animals are better than us.

By the way of there dressing even 70 years old man want to look at them in a bad manner.

Wearing toilet slippers with short pants these foriegn you can see in public places. Even you can come accross in the Air ports carrying huge bag on there shoulders like a DOBHI. But Indians they are not having these type of good habbits.

When Indian eating with there bare hands they look at us and laugh. Oh look at him he is using hands to eat.

These ugly pale skin people they eat FRENCH FRIES in Mack Donalds using those hands by licking there fingers with very big noise. Uncultured white animals with Ugly shapes. 

1 Like

(Guest)
M.K.Gandhi ji rightly said about foreigners. We should not give any imporatnce to foreigners. Alwys one have to remember our indian culture is the greatest of all in the world. Due to our dirty beurocracy. Some of our students are going for studies in foregin countries to explore their knoweledge.Some students go abroad as their parents earned money a lot and they donot know how to spend. Even they send their children for school education to abroad. There are various types of parents and students. They think going abroad and studying there is a their prestage and boast down grading indian education. Government should take stern steps not to send Indian students to abroad for education. What is not there in our country? Indians are sincere and law abiding people in foreign countries except some of indian smugglers.They do their work. If they don't work they don't get food to eat. Australia is nothing before India. I don't understand why our students are going to Australia to study?

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     16 January 2010

Just exclude politicians and bureaucrats/adminitrative officials, India is good place for everything. India has vast potential, which is being remained unutilised. Since these dogs are sitting on the food of Holy Cow. As cow approaches to have foods, these dogs starts barking. Poor cow!!! Very sad story of our motherland.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register