Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashok K Gupta (Assistant Registrar)     08 July 2010

Short notice period

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Greetings of the day!!

Recently I have resigned from my previous job under Ministry of Textiles. As per the institute's Service Rule I had to tender a service of 3 months in case of resignation, but due to some reason it fell short by 1 and 15 days. As I understood from the policy, I had to deposit salary in lieu of this short notice period. So I accepted the condition.

Now the Institute has served me a notice to deposit salary including Basic Salary + Dearness Allowance + House Rent Allowance + Travelling Allowance with DA which amounts to Rs. 35398 . As long as I know as per the law, I am bound to deposit the sum including Basic Salary + Dearness Allowance + Other Allowance as HRA and TA is not treated as salary component (basically HRA is for accommodation, but when resigned company is not concerned where will I live or whatsoever and similar is with Travelling Allowance). Therefore as per my calculation, it comes to Rs. 31448.

I suppose I am able to acquaint you with my problem in brief. Hence, I would anticipate any expert to guide me what is the justified calculation, if possible could you please furnish me the rule for short notice period.

Thanking you for your expert lookups

Ashok K Gupta -> 09935258644

Learning

4 Replies

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     08 July 2010

dear sir u write a application for apio of rti act 2005  ur calculation of amount in ,all the thing is clear cut sir

Ashok K Gupta (Assistant Registrar)     08 July 2010

Thank you Mr. Raj for your valuable input.

However I need to know the rule which is followed for the calculation of amount of short notice period.

Thank you very much

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     23 September 2010

my pleasure sir .

Amardeep Srivastava (Senior Law Officer)     24 September 2010

Dear Mr. Gupta,

The rule that you want to know would in your personal manual. If the rule says emoluments then it would include HRA. I couldn't understand inclusion of TA in it.

Regards

Amardeep

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register