Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suman Khurana (Company Secretary)     07 August 2009

Share certificate

Hi

While issuing shares to the subscribers of pvt ltd. company, share certificate is to be signed as per share certificate rules.

If the pvt ltd. co has only two directors and nobody else then who will sign in the capacity of Authorised signatory?

1. According to me, one director can also act as Authorised signatory.

Regards

Hinna Garg

Learning

7 Replies

Malav Shah (Company Secretary)     07 August 2009

Hi Hinna

Yes, if there is no other authorised signatory , then any one director can also sigh as Authorised signatory on the share certificate.

Regards

Malav

Thanks

but have u done this sort of thing in actual

Means how a person can witness his own signature

Malav Shah (Company Secretary)     07 August 2009

Hi,

Yes, I have issued certificate in such manner. As per Rule 6 of Companies (Issue of Share certificates) Rules, the third person should be authorised by the Board. So the Board can authorise a Director to sign as authorised signatory even though he has signed as Director. 

Regards

Malav Shah

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     10 August 2009

I subscribe to the views as expressed by my learned friend Mr. Malav Shah and others regarding the procedure for sighning the share certificate The Department of Company Affairs (Company News & Notes, July 1, 1963 issue - refer Ramaiya's Guide to the Co's Act)  has clarified, inter alia, that the reason for a Secretary/3rd Authorised signatory to affix his signature on the share certigficate is that there should at least be some one belong to the board of directors to exercise due check and take responsibility that every thing is allright. Hence, as long as due diligence process is ensured, there is no bar on a Director himself affixing his signatrure as the third signatory.

Vasudevan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register