Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Puneet Kansal (Legal Advisor)     12 October 2010

service tax return filling

Dear sir,

my firm is registreded in service tax department. now thats my first reurnt filling date . and my firm didnot work till now. so please me the form with instruction

Learning

6 Replies

Victories Venkat (ADVOCATE)     12 October 2010

Hai,

You can simply download and Take a Print out of the ST3 Return form, (link given) and fill your ST Number, Code, Years and put NIL in all other colums and file it as A NIL RETURN.

You can tell as a NIL RETURN inthe filing counter, they can easily accept the same and do remember to take ST3 RETURN in Triplicate (Department 2 & 1 for Acknowledgment) and submit it.

www.servicetax.gov.in/forms/st-form3.pdf

Good luck.....

Venkat

aman kumar (SUPERVISER)     12 October 2010

no need to fill return if u do not work ! 

V.A.A.Ravikumar (Advocate and Indirect Tax Consultant)     16 October 2010

I am not agreeing with Mr.Aman Kumar but agreeing with venkata ramanan.  Once Service tax registration has been taken, filing of Returns (half yearly by 25th of April for the half year ending March and by 25th of October for the half year ending September) and there is a provision under the Finance Act 1994 as amended, for imposing a penalty upto Rs.2000/- for failure to file returns. 

Therefore filing of returns is mandatory till the Registration under Service tax is in forece. 

Regards,

V.A.A.Ravikumar, LLM.,

Advocate (Customs, Central Excise, Service Tax, SEZs & EOUs)

Arvind Singh (Sr. Manager-Legal & Taxation)     16 October 2010

Hi,

I am agreed on the views expressed by Mr. Ravi Kumar that as per the Service Tax Act, once you register with the department you need to fill the return irrespective of transactions taking place or not. So fill the ST-3 return as NIL and submit the return latest by 25th Oct.

Regards

Arvind Singh, Advocate

B.Com. LLB, CS(I)

Vishnu Promod Srivastava (TAX CONSULTANT)     29 October 2010

I also not agree with Mr. Aman Kumar. Once you got registered with the Dept. you are liable to file returns whether you are doing any work or not.

Vishnu Promod Srivastava

Advocate (Tax Consultant)

wringle (banking law is very important)     29 October 2010

You need to be very careful while preparing your tax returns because you may be charged penalties if your income tax return is found faulty or fraudulent. If you have complex tax situation, you may consider hiring a professional CPA for preparing your return properly. But now, because of the internet technology, most people prefer online tax preparation and e-filing option.Online tax return preparation, compared to the old and traditional method of paper filing, is easy, fast and safe. Using software, you can follow the step by step instructions and get your return prepared online. You do not have to get assistance from the professional accountant for understanding the complex tax codes. The software will assist you go step by step and you will have to enter the right information to fill up the online forms. Furthermore, you do not have to struggle hard for choosing the right deductions that you are eligible for.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register