LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr T.A.Vasu (Retired Professor of surgery)     02 December 2010

service-memo without valid reason-delay in decision

I have been given a memo by a Govt secretary for not acting on a G.O. But action on this G.O. would have been taken by another officer of another institution. I replied to the memo showing the facts. Then the Secretary issued me memo of charges stating that I have not regretted. I have submitted the explanation. After an year the Secretary was transferred out of the department. I have been sending periodic reminders. After about 2 and half years the matter was settled by the new secretary.

On inquiry

I knew that the memo was initiated by the secretary himself.

The subject matter was in another institution for 16 years, which would have been known by the secretary who is in that post for more than 5 years. Even if he was unaware of the fact,  I have pointed out it in my reply to the memo.

The timing of the memo was at the time of General transfer of that year. it is heard that the secretary misinformed the minister and my legitimate transfer to one vacant post was given to another person, who is a close friend of the secretary.

He belongs to forward caste and i belong to Scheduled castes.

Can I get a relief by the SC ST atrocities act?

Can I get compensation for the mental agony for last two and a half years. (CIVIL Court)

Can the secretary get punished by the criminal law?

What are the options available for me? Can i seek relief from various forums i.e. State Government where I am working, Central government where the Secretary is now working, SC commission, Civil court, criminal court simultaneously?

Learning

1 Replies

M. Munikrishnan (Bank Executive (Retired))     19 April 2011

Firstly, transfer of services cannot be claimed as a matter of right.   However, it appears that the Memo issued is on a frivuoulous issue. [Then the Secretary issued me memo of charges stating that I have not regretted]  You can take up the matter with SC/ST Commission for harassing you by submitting necessary proof.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register