Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Kumar (Proprietor)     30 August 2011

Second marriage after conversion to muslim religion

Hi All,

I need your opinions in my case.  i am a Hindu by birth and i got married with a Hindu girl as per Hindu Religion. However, after five years of our marriage because of many other issues between us, she left my home and went to her home place, it has been more than a year and half and there is no information from her end.  i tried to contact her once or twice but in vain.  so, i decided to move on in life and want to get married and settle down with a muslim girl and have nikkah with her. I will convert to muslim religion. what can be the consequences of this marriage? will i be able to settle down with my second wife without any issues?

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     30 August 2011

Conversion from one religion to another religion for the purpose severing the marriage ties of first marriage and solemnize the second marriage is not legally valid.  Refer to Sarala Mudgal case delivered by S.C.  The first wife can file bigamy case against the husband. 

Rocker (n/a)     30 August 2011

Yes you can be put in jail for bigamy. Conversion cannot afford any kind of legal protection in this matter. Marry second time ONLY after getting legal divorce from court. Conversion not legally necessary to marry a muslim girl. Both can marry under special marriage act without any kind of need for conversions.

Chetan Singh (SE)     31 August 2011

Hi Rahul,

First try to contact your first wife if possible try to reach her home.
If she is not ready to carry the relation with you ask her to give you divorce.

If she ignore your request then file divorce case in court if she will not come it will finally become ex-party divorce.
Then go for second marriage under speacial marraige act simply.

There is no need of conversion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register