LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vivaasvann (PM)     04 June 2012

Sale deed is lost

My Grandfather purchased 1200 yards of land  some time in 1955 ( i dont know the date, month or year ). The sale deed was registered in RO. We have been paying munciple tax's since 1955. We are in possession of the property. We want to go for the development of property now. THE SALE DEED IS LOST. WE DONT KNOW THE EXACT DATE, YEAR , MONTH OF PURCHASE. i got the records searched in registerar's office from 1950 - 1960. I have not left any stone unturned. If we cant trace the documents what will be the solution. My grandfather left a registered will on the same property in 1977. we have original's of that. Please advise.

Learning

7 Replies

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     04 June 2012

The record of rights in revenue dept. must be containing the papers of your grandfathers ownership this document is sufficient.

vengalrao (advisor)     04 June 2012

please mail ur contact number 2 my email id ajvrao2002@yahoo.co.in

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     04 June 2012

Declaratory suit may be one of the options.

vivaasvann (PM)     04 June 2012

Ajit singh shab, please send me your contact number, i would like to talk to you. Thanks   Surya

shyam lal sharma (Manager)     05 June 2012

Mr Surya please applied Encumbrance Certificate which will be available in the Registrar Office. applied form 1935 to 1970 (It can cost you less than 1000Rs only). There by you get the all deteils rel;ated the property that is Reg No..., Dtae of Registeration No and others things on the base of that information you can apply for Certified Copy of the sale deed...

haradatta (proprietor)     07 June 2012

Mr. Surya, try to contact the concerned municipal authorities in tracing out the copy of the lost document as such the property tax payments are being paid by the absolute owners basing on the submission of the material documents including that of the sale date in determination of the quantum of property Tax.  RTI Act may come to your rescue.  Forward an application to the revenue authorities seeking a copy of the documents basing on which they might have decided the quantum of property tax.  Good luck :)

vivaasvann (PM)     14 June 2012

To all those who took time to reply me, i thank them from bottom of my heart. Finally my problem is resolved.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register