LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

guru v krishnamurthi (ceo)     24 May 2012

Sale deed

A friend of mine deceased leaving five legal heirs and some properties. In a family resolution all legal heirs appointed one of their relative as POA and the same isregistered to dispose a property. I introduced one of my friend to buy the proerpty and sale agreement is entered and all payments made and the sale deed is executed by POA and yet to be registered. In the meanwhile one of Principals(legal heirs)  passed away.  is the sale deed executed by POA is still legally valid? or what is the solution to this problem?

Learning

2 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     24 May 2012

Dear Querist,

Since by virtue of POA a person has been authorised to execute sale deed on person's behalf. and the sale deed has been executed already and consideration recieved. There should be no problems even if the Sale Deed is not registered. The POA (is the executant himself) and can get it registered notwithstanding death of principal for the agency or authorisation in POA has already been acted upon. 

Feel free to talk !

Common Man (Technical Professional)     24 May 2012

Hello...

I am from pune, Maharshtra.

I am planning to purchase a flat and almost i have finalized the property also.

The flat is one month old and owner wanted to resale it. I talked to owner and we have almost finalized it.

This flat is on first flor of building which is with 4 floors and society is also formed.

I'm seeking for information on documentation which i need to take from owner and what documentation / process required to transfer that flat to my name ?

Thanks in Advance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register