LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

D. Keshav (Coach)     14 April 2012

Sale deed

Hi Legal Experts, Could you please help me to know if a registered sale deed can be challenged. If so on what grounds. Is there any time limit to challenge. Because we have a property purchased under a registered sale deed 70 years back. Some cunning people have filed a case on the ground that a dummy name is present in the RTC in which they have interest. Can a presence of dummy name (who do not have any document to claim rights other than an entry in the RTC) be a ground for claiming rights? Thank you in advance.

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate M.Bhadra   14 April 2012

Revenue record(ROR) and holding of Municipality/Corporation/Panchayat are sufficient documents,if you are in possession in the property and some one are trying to disturb to your peaceful living then you can file a suit for Declaration and Injunction in  local Civil Court to restrain them.

khalid masood (partner.)     14 April 2012

Some people do create some interest or other in properties where least or no transaction has taken place for long time and in ur case it is 70 years. the dummy interest they created could only be taken as cloud on title and it has to be cleared by means of proving in court  that u have uninterruped and peaceful possession over the property with the existence of ur sale deed.

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     16 April 2012

your sale deed is 70 years old and you have been having peaceful enjoyment of the property. therefore it appears to be a move on the part of some miscreants to endeavour to creat dummy interest. you should approach the tehsildar who is the custodian of all the revenue records and defeat their purpose.

jack (md)     19 August 2012

Dear friends

i have bought an independent house which is the resale property. can you please suggest me with any sample sale deed or  mandatory points need to add in sale deed

thank you

kiran 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register