sale deed


I had been sold property by A, who now wishes to sell it to another person,B. I have signed only as a witness and not as confirming party or as consenting witness in the sale deed to B. Will this be valid?

Works In Judicial Department

your question needs clarity 


Your Questions needs much clarity


 No.  It seems that you are the attesting witness of that  sale deed. So its clear that the sale  was held with the knowledge of you, then how can you sell to another?. 


if the B is nt ready to sell the property than how could u have sign the withness therefore this is nt valid


Ur Q requires much more clarity to the effect as to what kind of agreement you had with A. If you have signed the sale deed to B as a attesting witness, there is no bar for you from challenging it since the Attesting witness need not know the contents of the deed. He only attests saying that the deed was executed by a particular person in his presence and the person who executed the deed was in sound state of mind and that he was not under any undue influence, coercion etc.,




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x