Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil Kumar (Manager)     13 December 2011

Sale agreement

Dear All,

I have entered into a sale agreement with a seller where the seller was suppose to sell 3 acres of land to me. I had paid 2lacs in advance and the rest was supposed to be paid during registration. I have entered into agreement in 20RS stamp paper where its mentioned that, the deal has to be executed in 6 months. If the purchaser forfeits then the advance amout is lost and if the seller forfeit then the registration can be carried out in court.

As a purchaser I would like to know whether I can file a legal case or execute registration in court if seller changes his mind.  Please advice

Regards

Anil

Learning

3 Replies

niranjan (civil practice)     13 December 2011

If six months have expired and in the meantime you did not come forward to give remaining money by giving him a notice and shown preparedness to get the document registered,your money could be forfeited on expiry of six months.However,you can file suit for specific performance saying that you were and are ready to perform your part and that time was not essence of contract etc.

Anil Kumar (Manager)     14 December 2011

Thanks for the reply. In this case iam the buyer and we still have 2 months time. We are ready to buy the land but the seller has changed his minds. I would like to know whether I can file a legal suit for the agreement that i made on 20rs stamp paper. My concern is that I have not registered the agreement.

Regards,

Anil

johnny (MD)     15 December 2011

You can pay the balance amout in court and request the court to finalise the sale.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register