LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sham Phadnis (Service)     31 August 2011

Rules for admission as member of society

Please guide on membership of housing society.

1. What documents and requirements are necessary to admit as a member in housing society .

2. Agreement to sale for a flat/shop is in names of XXX and YYY as purchasers. Mr. XXX and ZZZ have applied for membership of society. Can the society admit them as members? Appreciate rules for admitting of members.

3 Agreement of sale is between builderwith (a) partnership firm or (b) HUF or (c) a Pvt ltd. co. or (d) a public limited company. For admittingas a member what are necessary documents required including resolutions of board and etc.

4. What documents/requirements to be completed to issue share certificate to members.

Thanks inadvance.

Learning

4 Replies

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     01 September 2011

Bye laws differ from State tp State. Are you in Maharashtra?

Sham Phadnis (Service)     04 September 2011

Yes. Would appreciate more info.

Thanks.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     04 September 2011

See appendix 20(1), 20(2) and 21 of Bye Laws as also 38. Some societies pass a resolution in general body meeting to charge premium not exceeding what is fixed by Registrar. It differs from society to society. Some societies donot charge premium at all. If you have got the flat through an agent, he will complete all the paper work.

Sham Phadnis (Service)     05 September 2011

Sir,

I request to relook at my question. I am looking for membership rules, documents and who can be a member in case of pvt. ltd co., HUF and for a public limited co. What procedures need to be followed to nominate a person as member.

Thanking you, 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register