LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

P.ESAKKIMUTHU (LABOUR CONSULTANT)     28 April 2012

Rti act clarification sought

There is provision for accepting Indian Postal Order asone of the modes of payment of RTI Fee.Whether IPO can be used for payment of fee for copy of documents requested by us in the RTI Application.If so, the copy of the order may be produced/quoted

Learning

6 Replies

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     29 April 2012

Under rule 4 of The Right To Information(Regulation of Fee And Cost) Rules ,2005, for providing the information under sub-section (1)of section 7 ,the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper reciept or by demand draft or bankers cheque or Indian Postal order payable tothe Accounts Officer of the public authority.

(Guest)

Yes you may pay fee through IPO /D.D / Money order/ cash/ non judiaciary stamp/  for getting Copy of required information.

AJAY TIWARI (4tiwari@gmail.com)     24 May 2012

Pls guide.......

1) Under RTI ACT-2005, initially 10 Rs fee with application/querry must be deposited by applicant. But actually If replier have to send reply to the applicant, the cost of postal charges (like courier, Registerred Dak, Speed post etc) also applies. Then this postal charge will be beared by whome ? If by replier.....then Why ?

2) I am central Govt employee, and sometimes govt Orders, Memorandums, circulars, policy letter are not very clear, thats why I asked to Ministry of personnel, public grivences and personnel ( Department of personnel and Training , New-Delhi ) that ...

" I joined Central Govt ( Ministry of Defence, Military engineer Service) as a civian employee as a fresh recruitee on 20-05-2012, when I am eligible to  take LTC,  a)  after 20-05-2012   b) after 01-01-2013   c) after 20-05-2013."

They replied to search in website of Ministry of personnel, public grivences and personnel ( Department of personnel and Training , New-Delhi ).

now I am help-less .  guide please.

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     26 May 2012

I think one need not have to pay for the postal charges (Courier, Registered DAK etc). One need to pay for the photo copies/ CDs etc.

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     26 May 2012

I think one need not have to pay for the postal charges (Courier, Registered DAK etc). One need to pay for the photo copies/ CDs etc.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 July 2012

what is the hassel IPO is acepted mode of payment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register