LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Danendra jain (manager)     30 December 2010

RTI ACt

If you are expert in RTI act ,I would like to request you to arrange seeking information under RTI on following points

Information related to loans and advances sanctioned or written off directly or indirectly by Regional head or zonal head of a bank should be sought under RTI act. This will reveal that all executives are guilty of bad lending and bad write off or unwarranted compromise with bad borrowers.

You may begin from existing or retired General Managers of a few prominent banks. If we look into the past of  at least ten GMs of a bank we will find that all advances sanctioned by him during last ten years has become bad or all advances induced by him but sanctioned through his flatterer Branch Manager has become bad or even written off. This will be enough to prove that only bad bankers could get promotion and good posting and it is bad bankers who are mainly responsible for banking scams .It is in the era of reformation that officers of the rank of CEO,GM and DGMs are caught by CBI in bribe based lending. When heads of a bank are corrupts it is easy to guess the nature of officers at junior level.

It is a bitter truth that without earning from bad lending any bank officer cannot accumulate property worth crores of rupees.

Therefore I am of the view that at least all NPA accounts with amount more than one crore or five crores can be looked into to find out who was the person behind its sanction. It will be proved that most of the big advances sanctioned during last five years have become bad. In most of the branches situation of advances is very much alarming either due to wrong selection of Branch Manager or due to shortage of manpower. Whatever may be the reason for different Branches for increasing NPA in bank, it is definitely indicator of defective management.

Internal health of most of the banks is more pitiable. Branch manager selected are either flatterer or regional head or bribe manipulator. As such advances given by such BMs become bad in a year or two. There is none to stop such malfunctioning in bank and punish actual bad banker and pull them down from top posts to rock bottom.

It is only by using RTI that one can explore the facts and place the matter before banking division, RBI and Government of India to highlight the real reason of weakening health of banks in Public Sector and to find out the reason why these banks are unable to give suitable salary rise even in five years whereas other private sector companies are able to give a salary rise of 10 to 30 % every year.  It is only then government of India and Ministers will look into injustice meted out to PF optees in particular and bank employees in general.

Learning

2 Replies

J. P. Shah (RTI & CONSUMER ACTIVIST)     30 December 2010

Dear Mr.Jain, 

Why do not you take initiative and file RTI applications. I have posted nearly 40 files on this portal on RTI. You also can visit my blog at www.jps50.blogspot.com for RTI. You and few of your local friends can take up this initiative. Please also visit my blog at https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/

I will extend all my help and assistance in this efforts. My cell is 09924106490. Please also refer attachment which will be useful in extracting information of written-off loans by banks.

After receipt of information you can compel banks to initiate departmental actions. You can lodge complaint with RBI and Ministry of Finance and expose in papers and TV misdeeds and scams of bank officers. 

Attached File : 35 35 write off acs.pdf downloaded: 73 times

Danendra jain (manager)     30 December 2010

Prompt justice, prompt punishment to guilty, prompt registration of FIR in Thana and prompt action by police personnel, prompt movement of files in all offices, election and recall of public representatives and so on…. All these are possible only when the culture of flattery and yesmanism is stopped completely.

Honest workers have always fear of wrong posting and rejection in promotion processes if they do not flatter their bosses or bribe them.. Honest person fear in knocking the door of police station or court because everyone knows that police and court people torture all who do not pay them their fees called as bribe. People fear in raising voice against injustice because they know there is none to support him in the system. As long as honest, loyal and devoted workers have fear of repercussion or rejection in promotion or posting at critical places in their mind, as long as rules are not made completely transparent, non discriminatory and linked with seniority and as long as justice is delayed in judiciary we cannot imagine of end of corruption from India, we cannot dream of reducing the proportion of corrupt practitioner among government officers.

Rules and laws should be made so much stringent and effective that it leaves no scope for whimsical decisions, arbitrary promotions and arbitrary posting in any offices. New rules should be framed to ensure punishment to top officers who take arbitrary and discriminatory decisions .Everyone should have in mind that punitive action will invariably be taken against guilty person quickly without any bias. Only then culture of flattery will end and a reign of justice will prevail and the proposal of Right to Recall will be successful.

Producing fear of quick and severe punishment in the mind of evil doers is the only key to reduce rate of bribe or corruption in government department Workers in general of all officers, departments, Thanas, courts PSUs, PSBs will perform honestly, sincerely and in the best possible manner only when there is a fear of action for poor or non performance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register